Saturday, January 19, 2013

After the rain 1/18/13



 It has been raining here for like a week. Last night it got colder and Emmie kept looking out the window like she was expecting something. I think it was the sun cause this morning it was So bright and pretty! She said we were going to the lighthouse today and we went over to her friend Melanie's apartment!




Melanie has two little kids and she talks to Emmie about babies and doctors. I guess they work together. Her husband must watch the kids. He was really nice. They let me hang out in their apartment and clean up their floors. Kid houses are the best. After they had breakfast and chatted for awhile, we went to get the car and took a ride to the beach!




At this beach they had a tall tower with lots of signs around it that Emmie wanted to stand in front of and read. The little boy, Braxton, took my leash the whole time and we played around the light house and on the dock! His Dad was teaching him how to skip rocks across the water. The little girl wanted to play too but she was really a baby so her rocks didn't go very far.

Emmie let me off the leash so I could run in the soft ground on the beach. I do like that super soft ground. She thought it was funny to show Melanie how I don't like the water. She acted like she was going to make me go in, but I would NOT get my paws dirty. I also got to jump on and off the dock, and Emmie let me jump really really high! But the highest jump I couldn't quite make and fell on my back. It didn't hurt. I still didn't want to jump high anymore after that though. Hey, I'm almost 50 in dog years- she keeps forgetting that.












Anyway, we went back to the cars and headed toward home... or so I thought. We stopped to talk to Melanie's family in their truck a couple of times, and then we went back to that super old city on the water- St. Mary's!




 The kids wanted to explore everything, so we walked way more than we did last time. I got to smell around an old house, the city roads, someone's yard with a coffee house, some reaaallly old bricks, and the church. Emmie reads a lot, and we ran with Braxton for a little bit too. I love hanging out with kids, they give me so much attention! But any day where Emmie stays with me and the sun is shining is nice, too. I'm so glad we got to go back to that old city. I wasn't done smelling things there anyway.










I hope everyone else had a nice day, too... I'm tired and I'll write again when we do something else fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment